The Zamboanga del Sur Irrigation Management Office (ZDS IMO) of NIA Region 9 conducted its 1st batch of mass Pre-construction Conference and Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) Signing to six (6) barangays under Zamboanga del Sur to benefit from the new irrigation projects of NIA-9 for CY 2021. The activity was held at KCCP Hotel and Convention Center, Pagadian City on May 7, 2021.
The 1st batch of barangays from ZDS to work with NIA for the new irrigation projects are the following:
1. Manga 1, Pagadian City – Project Cost: 5M; Irrigable area: 10 has
2. Lourdes, Pagadian City – Project Cost: 5M; Irrigable area: 20 has
3. Ditoray, Pagadian City – Project Cost: 7.1M; Irrigable area: 10 has
4. Canunan Balongating CIS Extn, Baloboan, Dumalinao – Project Cost: 10M; Irrigable area: 30 has;
5. Bobuan, Bayog – Project Cost: 10M; Irrigable area: 30 has
6. Katipunan CIS Extn, Ramon Magsaysay– Project Cost: 10M; Irrigable area: 30 has
These 47.1 million worth of irrigation projects will irrigate an additional of more or less 130 hectares of agricultural land which will surely increase the yield of our farmers, thus increasing the rice sufficiency of the whole province.
Present during the activity are Hon. Leonilo Boringa, Municapal Mayor of Ramon Magsaysay, ZDS; Hon. Junaflor Sweet Cerilles, Mun. Mayor of Dumalinao. ZDS; Hon. Celso Matias, Mun. Mayor of Bayog; and Hon. Fernando Pameron, City Councilor, Pagadian City. All the local chief executives expressed their appreciation and gratitude to the agency and committed to give their full support throughout the project implementation.
As beneficiaries of these projects , the Irrigators Associations leaders and members are much more grateful as these will give hope for them to be able to produce more for their families and for the community who mainly rely on their harvest.